Digital TV Switchover Help Scheme
We are doing all we can to ensure everyone who is eligible knows about the Switchover Help Scheme. We need your help to ensure that those most in need get the help they're entitled to.
Do you know someone who:
- Is aged 75 or over, OR
- Lives in a care home, OR
- Gets certain disability allowances, OR
- is registered blind or partially sighted?
The Help Scheme can arrange for an approved installer to supply and install everything they need to switch one TV to digital.
Tell them to contact the Switchover Scheme for FREE on 0800 40 85 900 or to view the Switchover website Click here.
Will you have to pay?
We'll ask you for £40 all-inclusive for the standard option. This includes:
- East-to-use equipment.
- An approved installer to supply and install the equipment for you.
- A 12 month aftercare service including a free helpline.
This service is FREE if you are eligible and also get the following
- Pension Credit
- Income support
- Income-related emplyment
- Support allowence or income based jobseeker's allowence
YOU MUST HAVE A VALID TV LICENCE (free if your over 75) to get help.
- Final count down Digital Swichover Poster
- 5 Facts about going digital
- TV in London is changing to digital in April 2012
- TV in London is changing to digital in April 2012 (In Arabic)
- The London TV region switches in April 2012 leaflet
- It's time to switch to digital poster
switchover help scheme
- Switchover Help Scheme
- You know the role TV plays in the lives of people you care for
- Trusted voice together we can make sure no one is left behind
- Familar face you know your patch better than anyone
- Are you a young carer?
- Digital UK 2011 (In Arabic)